Terms of Service
Welcome to Museter, where empowering muses around the world is our passion. Whether you inspire with music or talk radio, please follow these basic guidelines to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. Members, a.k.a. Museters, who do not follow rules and regulations could find their radio stream account suspended. The interpretation of these Terms and Conditions is at the sole discretion of Museter:
- Account Information
- Museter reserves the right to terminate your account at any time, with or without notice if you are found in violation of any of these terms.
- Refunds will not be available if your account is terminated due to a violation of the Terms of Service. If your account is terminated for some other reason, it is at Museter's sole discretion to determine an appropriate refund.
- Users are required to have a valid unique email address to open an account on the Museter site.
- You are only renting a SHOUTcast server when you open your account from Museter. All services are the property of Museter.
- Auto DJ Service
- "Auto DJ" is included as a free service with your Museter account. This enables you to stream content from our servers to your SHOUTcast server. When renting a SHOUTcast server from Museter, you are not paying for the Auto DJ service, therefore, we offer no guarantees regarding the quality of this service.
- In order to use our free "Auto DJ" service, you will be required to agree to a separate terms of service. These terms can be found at http://museter.com/terms-auto-dj.html
- We reserve the right to discontinue our free "Auto DJ" service at any time.
- Licensing and Other Legal Obligations
- You are responsible for meeting any legal obligations for your stream, such as Internet radio licensing.
- Museter claims no liability for what you choose to stream on your server.
- Distribution of adult or illegal material is prohibited.
- Force Majeure
- Museter shall not be held responsible for any failure of performance to make timely delivery of all or any part of the Goods in the event such failure was due, in whole or in part, to federal, provincial or municipal action, statute, ordinance or regulation, strike or other labor trouble, fire or other damage to or destruction of, in whole or in part, the Goods or the manufacturing facility for the Goods, the lack of or inability to obtain raw materials, labor, fuel, electrical power, water or supplies, or any other cause, act of God, contingency or circumstances not subject to the reasonable control of Seller, which causes delays or hinders the manufacture or delivery of Goods. Seller shall determine in good faith the extent to which it can reasonably control a cause, contingency, or circumstance that affects the performance of its obligations.
- Museter reserves the right to modify fees, policies, membership terms, benefits, rules, regulations, special offers, and conditions or terminate services at any time and without prior notification.
- Maximum Bitrate
- A user can use up to the maximum bitrate that you purchased with your server when broadcasting. If you attempt to use a higher bitrate without paying for an upgrade, your account will be suspended.
- Refunds will be issued at Museter's sole discretion. Problems can typically be resolved by contacting customer support.
- Any chargebacks or reversed transactions made on your payments will result in your account being automatically suspended.
- Unlimited Services
- Museter does not put a limit on the quantity of listeners that may connect to the server, nor the amount of bandwidth your server may use.
- The SHOUTcast server software requires a maximum number of listeners to be set. Your SHOUTcast server will be installed with the default limit of 1,000 listeners. If ncessary, this may be increased at any time by contacting Museter customer support.
- Museter's unlimited service is intended for personal sites, home-based and small businesses. This service is not intended for large enterprises, or other stations better suited to a dedicated server.
- We cannot guarantee that the site is completely free from exploiters. If a user is caught exploiting any area of Museter, their membership will be permanently terminated.
- Museter reserves the right to modify any details on the site at any given time.
These terms of service were last modified on January 13th, 2011.
By becoming a Member, you agree to all the